Saturday, April 16, 2011

Well..

I had my sad sack moment (which doesnt suit me) then launched into an offensive against this nasty mold saga. My neurologist recommended I start an ant-inflammatory diet to bring down the inflammation in my body. Interestingly, it is kind of similar to some of the mold recovery diets out there. So I've started it with gusto.

Quite simply it is a vegan diet with a little bit of oily fish. I also have to watch my saturated fat intake (I have to keep it under 10g a day). So I've been eating lots of beans, lentils, veggies (of course), seeds, almonds, some red salmon and ocean trout, as well as taking lots of flax oil, magnesium and vitamin d. I'm also supplementing some B vitamins as recommended by him to help with nerve damage and also since a vegan diet is often deficient in Vitamin B12.

I feel better on this diet. It's not really helping with my numb arms, or leg weakness yet but he says it could take 12 months to feel any difference. I've also stepped up my detoxing baths and am bathing in betonite clay once a week and epsom salts once a week. I've also started using coconut oil as a body moisturiser (with great success actually - it's made some fungal skin spots flare and disappear).

I also think the diet is encouraging a detox because initially I had days of extreme fatigue, headaches and feeling really foggy and unwell. After about 1 week, I felt better. I'm wondering if this is similar to the fungus die-off you see on anti-candida diets?? Hmm only time will tell. And for the first time in like forever I've gained some weight and kept it on for about 2-3 weeks. Fingers crossed...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. B. I'm so sorry you are going through this too. However, I am thankful for the network of people I am finding who are through the same thing. We understand what each other is going through if nothing else and we can walk along side and encourage each other! Hang in there! You are doing great with your diet! I will be doing the same thing to try to kill the fungus in my body when we find a safe place to rent, which is hopefully soon. We left our contaminated home a month ago with nothing but a few clothes and meds.

    ReplyDelete