Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Health Update

Well my latest round of tests did not go as positively as I would have liked. My neurologist has found greater nerve damage from my mold exposure than first thought. I already have peripheral neuropathy (which is basically weakness and sensory changes in my muscles) but this has become quite significant on my left side. I have to put a lot of effort into getting some movements especially out of my left leg.

This in turn has triggered off a whole new series of tests. In amongst the CT scans, MRI's, blood tests and so forth, the greater fear is that I may have some sort of autoimmune disease as the result of this all.

Of course none of this has been helped by my constant exposure to the outside of our house. The good news is we've had a lot of people helping out. The even better news is the house goes on the market next week. The bad news I had to do a lot more than I would have liked, so fingers crossed now I wont have to go near the place again.

So we soldier on - I've been using lots of charcoal soap and rhassoul clay to clear my skin of any mold spores picked up from around the house. I've also been having Epsom Salt baths to help detox my system. My diet isnt as good as I'd like but I'm on an elimination diet at the moment and hopefully I'll be able to bring back in lots of vegies and berries asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment